To see a movement of gospel-centered, missional, and incarnational churches in our district (el Maresme), and our autonomous community (Catalonia).
Overview of our ministry in Spain
At the Església Evangèlica de Vilassar we are seeking to build the life and ministries of our church on the life transforming power of the gospel. We believe that the gospel is, at one and the same time, both what believers and seekers need to hear. And this conviction shapes our worship services, community life and outreach.
Spain is a challenging place to share the gospel. It is a nominally Catholic country rapidly becoming secular. This means that Spanish people by and large have rejected the state church and yet are still suspicious of any expression of Christianity that is not Roman Catholic.
Spaniards in general, and Catalonians in particular need to be exposed to living examples of men and women who have an authentic and vibrant relationship to Jesus Christ.
As an intern in Barcelona, you will be building relationships at two important levels. Firstly you will have the opportunity to build friendships with and encourage our young people who are living out their faith in an ocean of secularism. Secondly you will have the opportunity to build friendships in the community we are seeking to serve as you do outreach. You will also have the opportunity to invest in the life of the missionary family.
Barcelona Interns will experience:
Opportunities for getting to know our context:
- participating in worship services both in Vilassar and the BCN22@ church in Barcelona.
- visiting places of historical and cultural interest in Catalonia.
- spending time with missionaries and their families.
- backpacking 3-4 days on The Camino in Galicia (if there is interest).
Opportunities for service and outreach:
- going out into our local communities with our young people to feed the poor, pray for the needy and share the gospel.
- helping a new church planting team in Barcelona (BCN22@) 1-2 days a week.
- joining the WHM Granada team for one week in order to help with the English-language camp.
- serving in a Christian-run hostel on “The Camino” in Galicia (Northwestern Spain) for 8 days.
Opportunities for discipleship and spiritual growth:
- participating in a weekly study group of the Gospel Centered Life in Spanish.
- engaging in regular times for private and community prayer.
Internship may include: (depending on developments between January and June)
- helping out with a summer English program for children.
- reaching out to marginalized inner-city teenagers in Terrassa once a week.
- helping enhance our webpage and social media impact.